Saturday, August 15, 2009

What should I write?

Why is this so that a confused person doesn’t just end up being confused but also starts from being confused? Is this intelligence to be able to see more choices or stupidly to keep lingering the decision making process? Should perennially confused people also be considered retard? I don’t really know if this is a right platform to address these questions but I guess it would be right to talk about at least my own confusion.

The day I started planning my trip, I began asking many questions to myself, my family, my friends, and Google. I would ask question and in turn ask another question basis the answers I got. I even thought whether going with an organized tour would have been a better idea, since I could at least ‘for once’ avoid the notorious tag of confused person. However, I knew that I didn’t have much too loose, as I was going alone; so either I screw up my trip or I find the joy of my life, no one was there to critic me. This encouraged me to create the chaos of my life! I would wake up till late and do lot of research on the pretext of planning my trip but somewhere I knew that I was fuelling my passion for confusion. The more I saw, the more I did…

My first euro trip ended, and ended quite contentedly. I visited 3 countries and 6 destinations, met many people from around the world, and learnt so many new things about different cultures. I wanted to retain my memories of all those things that I did or that happened to me, that’s why I had chosen to carry a diary with me. Every night after returning to my hostel, I would devote around an hour and half to write down the details of my day. It’s been around 3 weeks since I came back and once again I am playing my favorite game… this or that?

Seeing the increasing heartbeats, restlessness and some strange movement inside my abdomen, you might say that I’ve got stress… but wait, don’t forget that excitement also has some similar symptoms! The excitement of indulging in my favorite pastime is really high. After all, I once again have a question to answer – what should I write?

After spending more than 20 days in planning the trip, consuming nearly 5 months of my savings, wasting roughly 1/15th of my time in just writing during the trip and clicking more than 850 photographs, I think I will have to do a similar mammoth exercise in just figuring out what I should be writing. By the way, what’s wrong in being confused if I have acquired a taste for chaotic way of thinking? If not, then just help me in answering what should I write?

7 comments:

  1. Good to start Dude..I think there r too many things to share...I am sure sharing things truthfully and sometimes become very difficult..but once yu start it becomes very easy..I would suggest..u should start with rather simple things that happened to you or u came across..and you can then be in real flow...Best of Luck..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to see that u have finally begun to write your travel blog.....
    i am looking forward to read each and every experience of urs during the trip.....i know you are a good story teller :)
    so start writing the details fast..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...you have already started Tarun! You have alreadt started to write! See, you have told your readers that you decided to go alone, you covered 3 countries, you did Diary Entry daily, you learnt so many cultures and you returned back happily. So let us begin with the beginning...

    You may tell us what motivated you to embark the journey, how did you decided to go all alone(was it a matter of choice or otherwise). Similarly you can then proceed to explain the nitty gritties...may be your hotel room, something about your caretaker, the food you had, the shopping you might have done, and one of the most importants, your outlook and perception of things before and after the trip- this one topic can cover everything from comparing nations, people, culture and your take on all these.

    On a lighter side...hope you not become a post-Gulluiver! :D

    Good luck for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you confuse "Without" with "Despite"? I am going to need an answer here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree wid Vibha...u have already started writing..looking forward to read some interesting stories from ur side...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally read the post. Show me some pics. tell me about those cultures.

    You are going to take care of that "Despite," right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes... thanks to all for your comments.. the Topics have "Finally" been finalized. I'll try completing my works soon will keep u posted!

    ReplyDelete